Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Challenge

My intention in maintaing Alternate Plumage is to catalogue manifestations of "style" that I observe in my daily life. I am putting style in quotations because what I consider style may or may not be what you consider style. Honestly though, that doesn't really matter. What I don't want to do with Alternate Plumage is to push one type of look or trend. I just want to write about what I think is dope with the hope that somebody out there enjoys reading about it. I guess the "challenge" is to see how long I can keep this up. The only thing I have ever been incredibly committed to in life is procrastinating. For example, while I write this post I should be studying for my Ethics final. But, nearing my 20's I have realized that if I don't become serious about something in my life that I probably won't ever become serious about anything. So, I am going to give this a shot and see what happens.

Today what I find stylish is change. Yeah I know, it is a pretty abstract thing to find stylish, but it's a pretty important part of life. Also, all the cool kids are doing it so why not write about it. To be honest, I live a pretty unhealthy lifestyle. Lots of fast food, not too much working out, and very little concern for how I look. Over the next six months I am hoping to change all of that. For the first time in my life I will be living alone, with total control over what I eat, when I work out, and how I present myself. My life is changing and I need to adapt. So, what I find stylish today and what I hope to find stylish for the next 6 months is change.

Eat Well. Exercise Well. Feel Well. Change.

Peace and Much Love To Ya

No comments:

Post a Comment